Our extensive network, years of industry experience and detailed market knowledge make us the best local agent to help you find your new home. Whether you’re a first-time tenant or you have rented before, we like to take our time in getting to know you so we can successfully guide you towards the best property the market has to offer that fulfils your individual requirements.
Our friendly and approachable team believe that the process of renting property should be as smooth and straightforward as possible, with no hidden costs or unwelcome surprises. Our friendly, experienced team will be on hand to guide you all the way, from the initial search for your perfect rental property, to the day you pick up the keys to your new home.
Independent solicitors specialising in property and experienced in the local property market In-house Mortgage Adviser who is able to offer free and impartial financial advice Post-purchase, our experienced lettings team is on hand to help homeowners ranging from first time landlords to experienced investors in renting out and managing property for both long and short term lets.
Please visit our Local Area Guides to read more about our core property focus areas, including details of transport links for both work and pleasure, local amenities and schools, open green spaces and the wider community.
What do I need to consider when looking for my new home?
- First things first, it may be useful to work out what’s important to you when it comes to choosing a rental property. A large kitchen, bigger rooms, open planned living. Proximity to good schools? But try not to define your requirements too much as you made need to consider relaxing some parts of your requirements.
How do I get started?
- Now that you have decided what your property requirements are, its time to contact our dedicated expert team at Brinkleys. Call us anytime between 8:30am and 7pm to make an appointment with one of our expert negotiators, who will help you find that perfect rental property.
How do I go about viewing properties?
- Once our dedicated negotiator has taken your overall requirements they will put together a shortlist of all the properties that are most suited to you, you’ll be ready to start viewing. We work around your timeframe and if need be, we can collect you from the station, returning you back there.
What happens when I have found my perfect property?
- When you have found the perfect fit, your Negotiator will ask you to complete Applicant Declaration from and making the Advanced Payment. They will require this before your offer is put forward.
What happens when my offer is accepted.
- Our in-house Tenancy Progression team will be in touch with you, they are on hand to manage the entire move in process for you. As you can appreciate, we will need to run background checks on any prospective applicants, these references include, credit check, employment references, address history search, previous landlord references and bank validation checks.
So how do I pay?
- Once your reference has been accepted by our landlord you will be requested to pay the deposit, rent in advance and our fees, this is to be paid 5 days prior to your move in to allow sufficient time for the payment to clear.
- Your deposit will be held in a deposit protection scheme throughout the duration of your tenancy, allowing for a swift and efficient release of funds when the deposit is returned to you at the end of your contract.
What happens on my moving day?
- Prior to moving in, an inventory check will be made of all items in the property, and its general condition inspected. You will be asked to carefully check everything and agree that the contents and property condition are as they appear on the document. It is important that you do so, as this Inventory will later be used to check against any loss or damage at the end of your tenancy.
- On move in day, the inventory clerk ( if requested by the landlord) will meet you at the property to run through everything.
Inventory and Check in
If you wish to book in your own inventory, check in or check out. Please feel free to do so here.
We don’t like hidden extras, so to ensure complete transparency our fees are detailed below.
BEFORE MOVE IN
All fees include VAT at the prevailing rate, unless stated otherwise
Advanced Payment £500.00*
Brinkley’s request that you make an Advanced Payment when making your offer, prior to it being submitted to the Landlord. This is not a fee but reflects your commitment to the proposed tenancy. This amount will be credited against your total move in balance, subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Application Form. (please contact us for more information)
Tenancy Application Fee £270.00
This fee includes administering of the application for all Tenant(s) named on the tenancy agreement, as well as contract negotiation (amending and agreeing terms) and arranging the tenancy and agreement, identity, immigration and visa confirmation.
Tenant Reference Charge £50.00
This is applicable for each person/tenant over 18 years of age. Referencing per tenancy, including financial credit checks, obtaining references from current or previous employers/Landlords and any other relevant information to assess affordability and criteria.
Guarantor Reference £60.00
In certain circumstance we may ask you to provide one or more guarantors. The fee covers checking the references of each guarantor and the preparation of the guarantor agreement. Any guarantor will need to reside in the UK, be in full time employment, be a property owner and pass a reference check.
Permitted Occupier £50.00
For any person aged 18 and over who is not named as a Tenant on the tenancy agreement, will be classed as a Permitted Occupier. This fee covers checks on identity and financial credit checks. Explaining to any permitted occupier their rights and responsibilities towards the named Tenant(s) and Landlord as well as assistance during the tenancy.
Express Move £120.00
Applies if you request to move in within 2 working days of your offer.
Security Deposit 6x Weekly Rental (approx.)
Register the Tenants details and protect the security deposit with a government authorised scheme. If protected by Brinkley’s we will provide you with the Deposit Certificate and Prescribed Information within 30 days of start of the tenancy.
Pet Deposit 2x Weekly Rental
To cover the added risk of property damage. This will be protected with your security deposit in a government authorised scheme and may be returned at the end of the tenancy.*VAT is not applicable.
DURING YOUR TENANCY
Negotiating the extension of the tenancy, issuing new contracts for both parties to sign.
Amendment Fee £260.00
Amending terms and updating your tenancy agreement during your tenancy, includes Landlord reference and Deposit re-registration
Unpaid Rent/Returned Payments
Interest at 8% above Bank of England base rate from date due.
END OF TENANCY
Inventory Check Out £150.00-£300.00
Should a tenant not attend the agreed appointment for the check-in and check-out of the inventory and less than 24 hours’ notice is given, or the tenant is more than 30 minutes late for the appointment, the tenant will be liable for any reasonable additional charges made by the Inventory Clerk. (You will be advised of your move in/out arrangements near the time). The tenants named on the tenancy agreement are responsible for the check-out costs. Brinkley’s will be instructed by the landlord as to what arrangements are to be made for the inventory and check-in. Unless agreed otherwise, the landlord will be responsible for the cost of the inventory and check-in.
Studio/1 Bedroom – £156.00
2 Bedrooms – £174.00
3 Bedrooms – £192.00
4 Bedrooms – £240.00
5 Bedrooms – £300.00
Landlord Reference £30.00
If requested and providing Brinkley’s was managing the tenancy, we can supply onward references for tenants at the end of their tenancy.